My sweet four-year old little girl has had a terrible sore throat. I wanted to stop feeling like I couldn’t help her, so I did a little research instead and made her some honey suckers! I threw in my own touch with some essential oil, and she loves them. She was so happy for a special surprise and now instead of tears I can see comfort! Makes me feel like a good mom when I can create something healthy and helpful for my kids. Here is the recipe! I highly recommend them!
Get Well Soon Honey Suckers
- 1/3 Cup organic raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Drop DoTerra On Guard essential oil
- lollipop sticks
- parchment paper covered baking sheet
- Lay lollipop sticks out on the covered baking sheet. ( I did not have parchment or lollipop sticks, so I got creative and cut up wood skewers and used tin foil.)
- Pour honey into a pan and heat until boiling. Boil for 10 minutes until candy thermometer reads 300°F. (If you do not have a thermometer like me, you may test the honey by dropping some into a bowl of ice water. If it hardens it is ready.)
- Once it has reached 300° remove it from the burner and stir in cinnamon and 1 drop of On Guard. Let it cool for a while to thicken. This will make it easier to pour.
- Once thick enough, pour over the sticks. The thinner they are the sharper they will be, so try to make them thick. You can reheat the honey on the stove if it hardens too much in the pan. Let them cool completely and keep them in an air tight container.