Every once in a while you need a treat!! It is snowy outside here, so some hot Oatmeal cookies sounded perfect! I couldn’t decide on raisins or chocolate so we did both! Yum!
Note: One thing about my cookies is they are usually flat. This is on purpose! You can make yours how ever you want. My family prefers them this way so they can really taste all the vanilla and sugary goodness! So to accomplish this I use less flour. Yes, we are crazy and notice a huge taste difference! If you prefer a thicker cookie, use the amount in the recipe or until dough is not sticking to your finger when you touch it.
1 Cup softened butter
1 Cup white sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Oatmeal
1 Cup Raisins
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until very smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Mix well.
- Add Oatmeal, chocolate chips, and raisins.
- Place 1-2 inch balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.