This is what I call comfort food. I will seriously never eat the boxed or frozen stuff again. Soooo Good!!! Enjoy!
Homemade Mac N’ Cheese
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Cups uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 Cups milk
5-6 slices of American cheese, optional
2 Cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot heat water and cream until simmering. Do NOT boil, this will burn the cream.
- Add Elbow Macaroni and salt. Cover and keep at a slow simmer until macaroni is almost tender. Stir occasionally so noodles do not stick.
- In a 4 cup glass measuring cup, or a bowl, measure out your milk. Add flour, mustard, and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add this to the pan and simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in American cheese slices. This step is optional but will provide you with an ultra creamy outcome.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Serve and enjoy!